If you could write the story of your future, how would it begin and end? “Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World”, written by Philip E. DeVol will take you step by step through self-discovery and help build the life you want.
Participants experiencing poverty will investigate:
- The realities of community conditions and how they impact you
- “Hidden rules” for getting ahead
- Skills that give you confidence
- How to build resources and make connections
- Ways to deal with change and create stability in your life
Getting Ahead sessions are a facilitated adult learning experience with groups of 5 to 15 participants over 15 week sessions. Members will analyze the impact that poverty at the individual and community level, complete self-assessments of their resources, and develop a support team with plans to stabilize their environment and move forward with their future dreams.
We are told time and again by participants and facilitators that Getting Ahead has changed many lives in a big way.
To learn how to use the Getting Ahead in a Just-Gettin’-By World workbook with adults in poverty, contact us.